The aim of these closely watched awards is to give recognition to both individuals, brands and businesses who are pushing the boundaries for sustainability in the beauty industry.
Submissions for the awards can still be made by clicking here and the competition is open to a wide variety of professionals, from NGOs to retailers & distributors, ingredients players, packaging companies and, of course, beauty brands.
Here are the five award categories:
- New Sustainable Product Award – a new cosmetic or personal care product with important sustainability credentials
- Sustainable Packaging- a new packaging format that has a low environmental footprint in terms of materials, design and / or application
- Sustainable Ingredient – an ingredient that makes a significant difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact
- Sustainability Pioneer – an organisation that is a pioneer or leader in some aspect of sustainability
- Sustainability Leadership – an organisation that leads in various aspects of sustainability
Award judging and announcement
Once all the awards have been received, the submissions will be passed to the panel judges of, which includes myself, Simon Pitman, senior editor for the Cosmetics Design titles,
Once the judges decisions have been made the finalists will be notified by mid-October, and then the final awards will be announced as part of the 11th European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit.
The Summit is taking places at the Paris Marriott Champs Elys es, 4th – 6th of November, with a dedicated announcement and award ceremony to honour the winners scheduled for the evening of November 4th.