Each year Ecovia runs a cosmetics and personal care workshop about what it calls “global, ethical products.” Next year’s Natural Cosmetics Masterclass: Food Ingredients will take place on February 1, 2018 at the Hotel Nikko San Francisco.
The particular focus of the upcoming cosmetics masterclass—food in beauty—was determined by current trends in the green and clean beauty marketplace. “Food ingredients are making their way into cosmetic and personal care applications, with a growing number of formulators looking to the kitchen table for inspiration,” explains the Ecovia masterclass registration page.
The course description there goes on to say that “this new masterclass gives an update on the natural and organic personal care products market and labels, and discusses the growing use of food ingredients in such products.”
Listening and learning
The day-long Natural Cosmetics Masterclass: Food Ingredients event will be divided between morning seminars and an afternoon workshop that will help attendees better understand the benefits as well as the safety, stability, and performance challenges that ingredients like fruits, seasonings, food-grade oils, coffee, tea, etc. present.
The masterclass promises to explore answers to these questions:
- What is the outlook for the global natural & organic personal care products market?
- What developments are occurring in the North American, European and Asian markets?
- What are the implications of ISO 160128 and COSMOS on American brands?
- What are best-practices in marketing natural personal care products?
- How are food ingredients making their way in cosmetic & personal care applications?
- What novel food ingredients are emerging? What functionality do they provide?
- What are technical issues when using food grade materials?
- What business opportunities are provided by food-based cosmetics?
- What formulation strategies are successful with food grade materials?
Learn more here.