Ashland’s Groom ‘n’ Go formulation kit is based on the idea of offering men a comprehensive personal care regimen in less time.
The U.S.-based company’s consumer research carried out in the men’s grooming market suggests that more than ever, men desire a comprehensive regimen to maintain a healthy look but few want to add the extra time to their daily routine.
“Stylish men are busy men, and we appreciate their need for products that go on easily, that help them feel fresh and confident and that perform as intended over a long day,” said David Popplewell, global marketing manager, Ashland Specialty Ingredients.
“Examining a number of consumer insights, formulation systems and ingredient technologies, we created formulation concepts that perfectly meet the needs of today’s time-sensitive, fashion-forward men.”
Groom ‘n’ go
The Groom ‘n’ Go kit was unveiled on the back of this research, at the SCS Formulate event in the UK; consisting of a series of starter formulations packaged in a travel bag.
Formulated with a range of Ashland’s conditioning polymers, styling polymers and specialty ingredients, products in the kit address common personal care requirements, such as leaving scalp feeling clean and light, skin feeling refreshed and moisturized and hair managed and conditioned.
All six formulations are developed to maximize convenience for consumers and to support skin and hair care benefits with minimal effort.
The formulations are designed for hair wash, styling, body wash and deodorant applications and incorporate the following Ashland ingredients:
· N-Hance 4572 polymer to improve the distribution and total deposition of silicone and natural oils such as jojoba oil and meadowfoam across hair strands.
· Conditioneze 22 polymer for use as a conditioning polymer in shampoos, conditioners and colorant products.
· APShield 100 polymer to create high-performing antiperspirants with significantly less aluminum salt, while maintaining the efficacy of products labeled as "enhanced duration."
· Ashland Carbomer 980 as it is odorless and forms a crystal clear gel, for styling agents.
· AquaStyle 300 AF for use in low-VOC styling products.