“We hope these awards inspire more companies to take the green road,” says Amarjit Sahota, Founder of Ecovia Intelligence and organizer of the Sustainable Beauty Awards since 2013, in his remarks.
Ecovia Intelligence specializes in research, consulting, and training for several industries including organic and natural foods, food ingredients, natural beauty and personal care products, cosmetic ingredients, green chemicals, sustainable consumer goods, and more.
Formerly known as Organic Monitor, Ecovia Intelligence hosts several regional and international events, including the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit and the Sustainable Beauty Awards.
Sustainable Beauty Awards categories and judges
This year, of course, the Sustainable Beauty Awards was a virtual event—but no less significant for the winners and runners-up.
Sustainable Beauty Awards were given in 5 categories: New Sustainable Product, Sustainable Ingredient, Sustainable Packaging, Sustainability Pioneer, and Sustainability Leadership.
Cosmetics Design Editor Deanna Utroske was invited to serve on the 2020 Sustainable Beauty Awards jury and share remarks at the awards event. Other jury members this year include Sahota and several other industry insiders seen in the video version of the awards event (linked farther down the page).
2020 Sustainable Beauty Awards winners
The winners and runners-up in the 2020 Sustainable Beauty Awards follow:
New Sustainable Product
- Hair O’right International (Taiwan) with N° Zero Toothpaste
- Faith in Nature (UK) with Natural Shampoo Bar
- Comfort Zone Sacred Nature Youth Serum
- Martina Gebhardt SATIS Dental Teeth Cleaning Powder
- Pegada Verde lda Naua Natural Care
- Actera Ingredients (USA) with ILOX
runners-up this year
- Mibelle Biochemistry (Switzerland) with Black BeeOme
- ROELMI HPC (Italy) with Emotion Light
- Döhler YuraQ
- Olvea TrueShea
- Swedish Algae Factory Algica
- Lush (UK) with Cork Pots carbon-positive packaging
- Myro (USA) with natural deodorants in refillable pods
- REN Clean Skincare
- Weckerle Cosmetics
- TerraCycle (USA)
- Hair O'right International (Taiwan)
- LMR Naturals by IFF
- Liv Trading
- AAK Personal Care (Sweden)
- Lush (UK)
- Croda International (UK)
- Hair O'right International
Watch the full virtual 2020 Sustainable Beauty Awards presentation here.