Like so many beauty and fragrance industry events, The Fragrance Foundations’ announcement of the annual finalists is traditionally an in-person gathering and attracts a veritable who’s who of scent experts and fragrance insiders.
Hinting at this year’s uncommon event format, Linda G. Levy, President of The Fragrance Foundation, tells the press: “The Fragrance Foundation looks forward to announcing the TFF Awards Finalists to the entire fragrance community on June 4th, and a future announcement of the winners in September. Of course, we hope to be reunited in person for future TFF Awards when the fragrance community, families and friends can gather together to celebrate. In the meantime, we hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.”
The Fragrance Foundation 2020 Awards Finalists event was co-hosted by beauty editors
Levy hosted this year’s online event virtually alongside Julee Wilson, Beauty Director of Cosmopolitan, and Katie Becker, ELLE Beauty and Health Director. (Both Cosmopolitan and ELLE are Hearst publications.)
Besides and perhaps because this year’s event took place online, The Fragrance Foundation opted to postpone a select few awards categories until a more formal celebratory event can take place.
“The 3 iconic Honoree Awards—Hall of Fame, awarded to Tom Ford last year; Lifetime Achievement Perfumer, awarded to Dominique Ropion last year; and Game Changer, awarded to Laura Slatkin last year—will not be awarded this year, but will be reinstated in 2021,” explains the foundation’s press release.
To see the finalists for this year’s Fragrance Foundation Awards, visit the foundation on Instagram or watch a reply of today’s (40 minute) webinar here on the foundation’s site.
And here, are this year’s categories, as listed on the release:
• Fragrance of the Year - Women's Luxury
• Fragrance of the Year - Women's Prestige
• Fragrance of the Year - Men's Luxury
• Fragrance of the Year - Men's Prestige
• NEW Fragrance of the Year – Universal Luxury
• NEW Fragrance of the Year – Universal Prestige
• Fragrance of the Year - Popular
• Fragrance of the Year Hall of Fame
• Fragrance of the Year Breakout Star
• Bath & Body Line of the Year
• Candle & Home Collection of the Year
• Candle & Home Holiday
• NEW Innovative Fragrance of the Year
• Packaging of the Year - Women's
• Packaging of the Year - Men's
• NEW Packaging of the Year - Universal
• Perfume Extraordinaire of the Year
• Indie Fragrance of the Year
• Media Campaign of the Year - Women's
• Media Campaign of the Year - Men's
• Fragrance Editorial of the Year - Print
• Fragrance Editorial of the Year - Digital
• Consumer's Choice of the Year - Women's Prestige
• Consumer's Choice of the Year - Women's Popular
• Consumer's Choice of the Year - Men's
Deanna Utroske writes daily news about the business of beauty in the Americas region and regularly produces video interviews with cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, and packaging experts as well as with indie brand founders. Hers is a leading voice in the cosmetics and personal care industry as well as in the indie beauty movement; and she frequently speaks at industry events online and in-person around the world.