This year’s Sun Safety Kit is now available on the Sephora app and will be in stores by Thursday. The kit sells for $39, and $25 of that price goes toward Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s skin cancer research and education initiatives.
“We’re honored to be working with Sephora, not only to help push forward our innovative research and commitment to patient care, but to also have a partner that supports awareness and prevention of this dangerous disease.” Jedd Wolchok, chief of the melanoma and immunotherapeutics service at Memorial Sloan Kettering, says in a media release about the hospital’s partnership with Sephora. “With this support,” adds Wolchok, “we are continuing to keep our foot on the accelerator to save and improve more lives.”
Sephora has run it Sun Safety initiative for 12 years now; and, to date, the company has donated some $7 million to skin cancer research, according to the media release.
Sun Safety this year at Sephora means helping consumers find SPF products they like well enough to use regularly. To give consumers a real opportunity to discover and experience current daily SPF products, the beauty retailer has put together a kit of 12 products from new and legacy brands like, including Drunk Elephant, Coola, Fresh, Lancôme, and Origins.
“At Sephora, we are committed to continued education around smart skincare, wellness and self-care, and we are thrilled to partner with such a storied institution for our Sun Safety initiative,” Artemis Patrick, EVP and chief merchandising officer for Sephora, tells the press. “This yearly programming is deeply personal to our clients and employees, and we’re excited to be able to contribute to the important work that Memorial Sloan Kettering is doing for education, research, and treatment.”
The full Sephora Sun Safety Kit comprises:
- Coola Full Spectrum 360 Sun Silk Drops SPF 30
- Coola SPF 30 Makeup Setting Spray
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinted Physical Daily Defense BroadSpectrum Sunscreen SPF 30
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad SpectrumSPF 50
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
- Fresh Sugar Petal Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15
- Lancôme UV Expert Aquagel Defense Primer & Moisturizer SPF 50
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
- Origins A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer withWhite Tea
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF30 Sunscreen Lotion
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion WetForce Broad SpectrumSunscreen SPF 50+
- Supergoop! Superscreen Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40PA+++
Deanna Utroske, CosmeticsDesign.com Editor, covers beauty business news in the Americas region and publishes the weekly Indie Beauty Profile column, showcasing the inspiring work of entrepreneurs and innovative brands.