CD Buzz Video
6 Indie Beauty Trends You Missed at Project Beauty Expo
Project Beauty Expo has been running for three years now. Brittany Brown launched the event in Washington DC, and relocated it to New York City for 2017, 2018, and the foreseeable future. PBE features cosmetics, personal care, and wellness brands founded by women of color. It’s an event that hosts a tremendously valuable community of entrepreneurs as the beauty industry at large struggles to be legitimately inclusive and deliver products for the full diversity of women (and men) living and loving beauty today.
This year’s event featured 40+ brands, welcomed hundreds of consumers, and accommodated beauty press from print, TV, digital, IG, etc.
Watch the video above to discover 6 tends, illustrating how indie beauty continues to evolve and to enhance the industry at large.
You’ll hear from:
- Immacula Jean-Charls, Founder and CEO of MorSkin
- LaKeisha Mitchell-Entsuah, Founder of Elements of Aliel
- Aba T. Gyepi-Garbrah, Certified Aromatherapist at Aba Love Apothecary
- Niambi Cacchioli, Founder of Pholk Beauty
- Eunice Charles; Artisan, Maker, and Social Entrepreneur at Natralee
- Stephanie Coker, Creator at SDOT Beauty
Deanna Utroske, CosmeticsDesign.com Editor, covers beauty business news in the Americas region and publishes the weekly Indie Beauty Profile column, showcasing the inspiring work of entrepreneurs and innovative brands.