With this New York edition, the SDF & PCD trade shows will for the first time specifically address the Americas markets. The concurrent shows will take place Tuesday and Wednesday, September 13 and 14 of next year at The Altman Building and Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood.
Here and now
New York has long been the hub of beauty in the States. And as the industry becomes truly global, the city is taking on an ever-greater relevance. “The launch of our New York show is in response to industry feedback requesting we bring our special expert meeting place from Paris to the United States,” says Aurore Domange, event director for the ADF&PCD in New York, in a press release outlining the September shows.
“We are the future of aerosol, dispensing and beauty packaging and we are very pleased to now be closer [to] the American continent market,” adds Domange.
The event is set to take place in a busy season for personal care pros. In-Cosmetics North America as well as MakeUp in New York are taking place in New York City that same month.
Call for speakers
The Aerosol & Dispensing Forum accommodates several industries—beauty, household, pharma, food, and industrial—allowing for technology transfer and cross-sector innovation. That show is seeking speakers on the following topics:
- State of the art in innovation, processing and development on aerosol technologies
- Eco conception and sustainable development: aerosol issues and prospects
- Manufacturing of aerosol cans, valves, BOV, components, spray systems, caps and dispensing
- Aerosol packaging: valves, clinching, crimping, sealing, filling, propellants
- Preservation, propellants, spray and dispensing technologies, new fields of application
- Compatibility and predictability
- Plastic aerosol update
The more focused Packaging of Perfume, Cosmetics & Design show is calling for speakers on these themes:
- Creativity, Patent, Intellectual Property
- Design, mockup, prototyping& 3D printing
- Hygiene, hair and hair color products, sun care products
- Personal care, cosmetics and make-up
- Perfumes for women and men
- Secondary packaging: labels, inserts, accessories, triptychs, fillers, folding boxes, gift boxes
- Electronic-Cosmetics convergence “e@PCD”
The New York edition of the shows promises a “level the playing field for exhibitors.”
To do this, EFI US Inc., the group organizing the shows, will replicate the Paris event here in the States. According to the group’s press release, “the event…will feature an easy-to-navigate layout and standard booth designs,” for exhibitors as well as educational programs and innovation awards.
ADF&PCD New York Packaging Innovation Awards will be announced at a ceremony on the 13th. A jury of industry experts and journalists covering the field will judge the entrants. Eligible products “must be launched on the market between May 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016. Launches after May 31, 2016 may be submitted for a special jury mention,” explains the press release.