The following opinions are based on dossiers submitted by industry and member state authorities that have been approved for adoption by the Committee in its most recent plenary meeting and are now open for comments by applicants, national authorities and other interested parties until April 5 2013.
“The intent of this commenting period is for interested parties to provide limited additional perspective and/or clarification on the evaluation, interpretation, and incorporation of the submitted specific data package in the SCCS opinion.”
Comments received before the deadline will be submitted to the Committee and discussed in the next plenary meeting with the view to publish the adopted opinion.
Anything outside that period however, the Rules of Procedure of the Scientific Committees, the opinions of the Scientific Committees on a particular subject will be considered closed and not subject to revision for a period of 3 years.
The opinions include:
- diethylene glycol monoethyl ether;
- climbazole, regarding potential development of (cross)-resistance;
- 2-methoxy-methyl-p-phenylenediamine and its sulphate;
- acid black 1 Colipa number B15;
- acid violet 43 Colipa number C63;
- acid green 25 Colipa number C178;
- HC blue 15 Colipa number C182;
- HC blue 17 Colipa number C184; and
- an addendum to the opinion on climbazole
In March 2012, the SCCS gave the opinion that the current data on 2,6-diaminpyridine was insufficient to assess its safety in consumer products. More information has now been collected, and the European Commission has requested the Committee reconsider the safety of the substance for use in consumer hair dye products.
Meanwhile, the EC has also requested two opinions on:
- 2,2’-methylene-bis-(6(2H-benotriazol-2-yl)-4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenol), UV filter used in cosmetics; and
- 3-benzylidene, UV filter used in cosmetics.
The Commission is consulting the SCCS on the safety of the use of the UV filters at the nano-scale, at the same concentrations previously considered safe for use on the macro-scale.
For more information on the aforementioned opinions please see here .