The Grand Winner and category leader for Personal Care Mass was Theodent Kids by Theodent – a toothpaste that has been turning heads because of it’s luxury-look, gold capped tube, with sleek dispensing mechanism.
But that’s not the only reason why this new product launch has been turning heads, it’s also a chocolate-flavored toothpaste, which may be a way of encouraging even the most teeth-cleaning shy of children to get brushing morning and night.
This year the jury included a selection of packaging and beauty professionals from both the industry and media, and judged the entries accordingon originality, design concept, creative use of new materials, components and decorating processes, technical competency and effective brand messaging.
The prizes were given out by Trae Bodge, senior lifestyle editor of The Real Deal, and were given out during a ceremony at the end of the second day of the three day HBA event, and all the competition entries were on display in an allocated area on the showfloor.
The other IPDA 2014 Category Award winners were:
- Quattro Variable Lash Mascara by Eddie Funkhouser for Cosmetic Mass
- Flickable Luxe Lip Gloss by Flickable for Cosmetics Prestige
- Suntousa by Esika for Fragrance Mass
- Clique by Roble by Brands With Purpose for Fragrance Prestige
- Satinique Custom Hair Care by Amway Corporation for Hair Care
- Organic Ligurian Honey by Maine Beach for Personal Care Prestige
- Naruko Tea Tree by Naruko for Skin Care Mass
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Limited Edition 2013 for Skin Care Prestige
- Verso Skincare by Selego AB for Skin Care Product Line
- Shimmer Strips All-in-1 Custom Nude Palette for Face & Eyes by Physicians Formula for Innovations in Sustainable Packaging
- Redken Diamond Oil by L'Oreal for Sampling/Travel Size