HBA Global has announced the winners of both its Splash show concept and the Exhibitor New Product Excellence Awards, highlighting some of the most innovative new industry launches.
For the first time attendees of the event, which happened in the last week of June, voted for their favorite new product from industry supplier that were on display at the on-site new product showcase.
Ultimately more than 150 products were submitted to the new product awards, by a range of global beauty and personal care manufacturers, all hoping to platform their most innovative or ground-breaking designs.
Four products were chosen from the list of submissions, each representing novel packaging design, or formulation, and several of which also managed to tap into new niches or trends.
Exhibitor Product Excellence Award Winners:
- Uniform Color Company - CT EcoBrites and CT Earthly Treasures. These are color concentrates for cosmetics that are FDA compliant, with the EcoBrites range being florescent thermoplastic polypropylene applications and the Earthly Treasures being color concentrates for thermoplastic applications based on a natural earthy look
- Omni Bio Solutions - J Bio Advanced Recovery Serum This is a highly concentrated formula said to fortify and repair damaged skin and fight signs of aging
- Anisa International - Wildly Beautiful Collection. A range of brushes created through a process of selecting synthetic hair fibers that reflect animal print designs in the brush head.
- UFP Technologies - Plantable Packaging, a recyclable custom packaging solution with flower seeds embedded in the design
This year’s HBA show also platformed favorite emerging brands at the Splash pavilion, which involved exhibition attendees by asking them to individually vote on their favorite future product.
Splash 2012 Award Winners:
- Zenagen – A brand that combines science and beauty to create future focused professional hair care products.
- me & the girls - A boutique style skin care line offering anti-aging moisturizers and exfoliants that actively replenish while simultaneously nourishing skin
- Scalisi Skincare – A line that incorporates science based anti-aging properties with sun protection
HBA is due to return to the Jacob Javits Exhibition Center in New York City on June 18 – 20, 2013.